So, time to set down some basic rules for PhotoMarathon Melbourne…
- PhotoMarathon Melbourne is an entirely digital event. You can take part only with a digital camera (no film cameras or mobile phone cameras). You must provide your own memory card, which must be empty of images at the beginning of the day. This will be checked by a member of the PM team at registration on the day of the event
- You must capture 9 images on 9 given topics, in the same order that the topics appear on the list given to you. You can delete a photo on the memory card before you continue to the next topic. Images must be in the order the items are listed in on the topics list. i.e topic 1 is first on the memory card, followed by topic 2, 3, 4 etc.
- All photographs must be taken on the day of the PhotoMarathon event between 10am and 7pm.
- All images must be taken on the same camera.
- All images must be shot as JPEG files. RAW files will not be accepted.
- You are free to use flashguns, filters (including in-camera) and tripods.
- You are not permitted to edit the images, use any image-processing programs or use images that are not taken during PhotoMarathon. You are not permitted to amend the filename or any exif-data related to the images. Any manipulation (or suspected manipulation) of the image or its metadata will cause the entry to be disqualified. This decision will be at the discretion of the judges and/or the organisers of the event and is final.
- Only memory cards with 9 images on them will be eligible for downloading. You are not permitted to have more than 9 images on your card at the end of the day.
- You must collect the topics at the allotted times, in person, from the PhotoMarathon HQ at Magnet Gallery.
- To cross the finish line you must return your memory card for downloading by the 7pm deadline.
- PhotoMarathon HQ will be downloading completed entries from 5.00pm until the end of the event at 7pm.
Let the games begin!